The Archives building contains a remarkable collection of historical materials and books. Among the most treasured of these resources are the genealogical archives compiled by the late Dr. Benjamin Lake Noyes [above, 1940], a Stonington physician from 1895-1945, to whom all of us with an interest in tracing their island roots owe a great debt of gratitude.

The Archives also houses hundreds of photographs, with special emphasis on the age of steamboats as the major form of transportation in the area. It is our only heated building and may be open to researchers year-round, on an appointment basis.